Sunday 23 March 2014

Upon Arrival - 3/17

After arriving in Dublin on St. Patrick's Day, it’s clear that people in Ireland celebrate the holiday with the same fervor as many Irish Americans.  Like myself, there are several foreigners who came to the city to celebrate and to be a part of the festive atmosphere.  I was prepared to get into the Castle Hotel and have a nap in preparation for a meeting with the Sutton Park School the next day. Unfortunately, I could not check in because the time was well in advance of the normal 2:30 check in.  I head out to see the commotion. As the people poured in for the parade, I walked around O'Connell street down to the River Liffey just to pass the time before I get in the room and relax after the flight.



4 hours later and I’m up for dinner and music. Explored Talbot street off O’Connell St. and found a few places to have a pint and to watch music and the festivities.




No comments:

Post a Comment